|What is the University of Scouting?
The University of Scouting is an annual council-wide training event designed to provide more in-depth study than can be provided in the basic training courses offered for the various leadership positions. This is accomplished with the use of experienced leaders offering a large number of single-topic courses varying in length from one to three hours. The courses are offered in eight distinct colleges and schools.What is the schedule for the University of Scouting 2017?
7:30 – 9:00 am Registration
8:15 am Opening Ceremony
9:00 – 9:50 am Course Period 1
10:00 – 10:50 am Course Period 2
11:00 – 11:50 am Course Period 3
12:00 – 12:50 pm Course Period 4
1:00 – 1:50 pm Course Period 5
2:00 – 2:50 pm Course Period 6
3:00 – 3:50 pm Course Period 7
4:00 pm Closing Ceremony
6:30 – 8:00 pm GAC Night of Honor Awards Ceremony
Lunch will be available during course periods 3 and 4.
Highlights for 2017
• The New Cub Scout Requirements that became effective on January 1, 2017, will be highlighted at the Cub Scout Table on the Midway.
• Southern Region Area 9 Commissioner Frank Harper will be in attendance to discuss Commissioner Services.
• The family program will be available again this year for Cub Scout-age children to spend the day with qualified leaders while you can attend UofS17 classes.
• The cooking classes have a fee to cover the costs of the supplies.
• The lunch program will be like 2016 and you must order a box lunch for pick-up; no additional lunches will be available. But many fast-food restaurants are convenient to the Cullman High School campus.