Great guidance from the Southern Region of the Boy Scouts of America:
Support your District Executive by:
- Introducing him or her to key community leaders
- Asking for a task to do, then doing it!
- Going with him or her to meet a prospective new unit or FOS donor
- Taking him or her to lunch or home with you for dinner
- Assisting him or her with recruiting district leadership
- Serving on a program event staff or helping with administrative tasks like phone calls
- Working to resolve an issue that impacts retention, program, or rechartering
- Remember, their success is your success. The partnership among Scouters (volunteer and professional) works best when we work together as one.