For Scouters that may be interested in collecting some community service hours….
The North Alabama Veterans’ Coalition put out the following information today; many of their members plan to come out and assist:
- When: Start at 8:00am on Saturday, May 23rd
- Where to report – Maple Hill Cemetery. Enter at the south gate at McClung Ave drive north to the area where the Memorial Day Ceremony used to be held. Mr. Moore will be there with his pick-up with flags in back.
- Mr. Moore is the POC and Boy Scout representative. His number is 256/509-3406.
- Mr. Moore has a map with the areas where Veterans graves are located and he will brief us.
- We will be walking a lot so please dress appropriately. Bring water and bring something to make a hole in the ground – an old tire iron or large screwdriver.
- The forecast for Saturday is a high of 86 degrees, partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain.
- If you would like to help with picking up the flags, Mr. Moore plans to pick the flags up on the following Tuesday or Wednesday depending on the weather.
Thanks for all you do!
Yours in Scouting,
Johann E. Moore