Unit Guidelines for camping trip or activity during continuing Covid-19 outbreak:
- Make sure your Chartered Organization has approved your return to the outdoors and meeting plans.
- Is the location you plan to use open for use? Consider the local COVID restrictions.
- Greater Alabama Council Camps are available for unit camping and district activity. So please consider using our local properties to meet your unit and district camping needs.
- Follow State and Local COVID guidelines for the location you hope to use.
- Use the Pre-Event Screening Checklist, available by clicking the link below.
- Consider using the COVID “at risk” participant statement, available by clicking the link below.
- Consider carpooling with family members only when possible
- Make sure you bring the items recommended for outings including masks, gloves, hand sanitizer etc.
- Social distancing (even outdoors), face masks (especially indoors), hand sanitizer should be part of our activity, camping or meeting plan.
- Consider tenting with only family members or one person per tent
- Consider using prepackaged meals, disposable utensils, disposable plates
- Wear PPE when serving and preparing food
- Be sure to have the Health Form Parts A and B completed for weekend trips
- Consider taking temperatures of participants before leaving, if a temp of 100 or above, person should not attend
Be safe with all activities and camping events, follow the Guide to Safe Scouting and any local rules and/or restrictions.