As we ring in the New Year, we thank the volunteer leaders and supporters who dare to make a difference in the life of a Scout!
2020 has been a year like no other with challenges that have changed our world. However, Scouts and Scout leaders found a way to continue the Scouting program while helping others. Boy Scout Troops organized Zoom meetings, Cub Scout Packs conducted drive-thru ceremonies, Scouts at home benefitted from Camp-in-a-Box, Scouting for Food service project provided hundreds of meals, and neighborhood activities such as hiking, and yard camping provided hope!
Thank you for providing a Scouting program that finds a way to overcome and meet the needs of youth and families in Central and North Alabama. Here are a few local successes that we should all be proud of:
- The Greater Alabama Council has served approximately 15,000 youth.
- Currently, 232 Scouts have earned the Eagle Scout Award.
- Over 23,420 hours of community service provided an economic impact estimated at $600,000.
- Over 1,500 Scouts and volunteers participated in local council activities, while observing Covid-19 health safety protocols.
- Over 700 Scouts safely learned life-skills at summer camp this year. Camp was modified to abide by CDC guidelines and the recommendations of the American Camping Association to provide socially distanced activities with Personal Protective Equipment, take-out food service, and one Scout per tent.
- No Scout in our service area was turned away due to economic hardship, even during these difficult times!
Please consider Scouting in the Greater Alabama Council as a part of your annual charitable giving if you have not done so already. A year-end gift of $60 will help a Scout continue their path!
Click here to Donate Now.
On behalf of our Scouts, we thank and wish you a Happy New Year!