We are currently seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to support the executive operations of our Council. If you are interested in the position please email a cover letter and resume to Carol Ashworth, Carol.Ashworth@scouting.org Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Scout Executive/CEO in various tasks and assignments.
- Managing incoming executive office calls and welcoming walk-in traffic in a fast-passed environment.
- Answering question and providing guidance regarding Scouting operations.
- Writing, reviewing, and editing official administrative correspondence.
- Taking detailed notes and delivering meeting minutes.
- Providing assistance to a variety of functional areas including program, finance, and human resources.
- Schedule and support meetings, manage complex calendars, and coordinate schedules.
- Be highly organized and able to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Be able to prioritize tasks appropriately and including managing events, meetings, and conference calls.
- Be proficient in various applications including the Office 365 suite.
- Be a self-starter and have the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Have strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong typing, proof reading, and editing skills.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Have a high level of integrity and discretion.
- Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
In addition to offering a competitive hourly salary, Scouting offers benefits that include a 403b retirement plan with company match. Health, vision, and dental insurance. Life Insurance. Paid time off and holiday observances.