|View this email in your browser|
|Wood Badge – 14-1-23 – Enduring Impact|
Wood Badge is the premier adult leader training program in Scouting It is often described as a ‘mountaintop experience’ for Scout leaders. The program highlights personal and leadership development with courses in team building, problem solving, communication, conflict resolution and many other useful skills. These skills can be taken directly back to packs, troops, ships, crews and teams to help leaders guide youth in dynamic Scouting programs. Wood Badge is a fun, challenging and inspirational Scouting experience for all leaders who wish to improve their leadership skills.
Here are some of the benefits:
• Transformation. The experience of the course is transformational; you will experience growth in your leadership skills and abilities.
• Line of Sight to the Youth. When working the goals set forth in the ticket, you will have a positive impact on Scouts, units, and districts throughout the Greater Alabama Council.
• What and why of Scouting. You will have a deeper understanding of the Scouting Movement and why we embrace it.
• Experience. You will learn and experience things that you will use in your personal life and your Scouting position.
• Fun. You will have fun and you will meet interesting people. This cannot be overemphasized.
• Other groups. You will make your other groups, like work, church, even family, stronger
You may have heard about Scouters “Working their ticket” and wondered what that meant. The ticket is a group of five goals you set for yourself that contribute to the Scouting Movement. You can start working your ticket as soon as the instructional part of the course completes. You learn more about this in the course. Attendance causes ripples throughout the Scouting Movement that creates an enduring impact in the lives of our youth.
The Course consists of TWO FULL WEEKENDS Weekend #1 is Friday-Sunday. Weekend #2 is Saturday-Sunday. Patrol meeting(s) between weekends.
Participants MUST ATTEND both weekends and all patrol meetings.
TIME & DATE:
Wood Badge Weekend #1: Friday-Sunday, March 24-26, 2023, Check in at 8:00 AM on Friday. Check out on 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Wood Badge Weekend #2: Saturday-Sunday, April 22-23, 2023, Check in at 8:00 AM on Saturday. Check out on 5 p.m. on Sunday.
PLACE: Camp Comer, 16490 Co Rd 89, Mentone, AL 35984
COST: Participants – $275 – $75 deposit required at time of registration.
PARTICIPANTS: Course size is limited to 48 participants.
(A minimum of 30 participants must be registered, with fees fully paid 30 days before the first scheduled date of the course per National BSA guidelines.)
PLEASE BRING: BSA Health Form (Parts A, B & C) completed within one year of course must be turned in for each participant.
TO REGISTER: Please have your name, address, phone, email, council, district, unit type, scouting position, and t-shirt size ready when registering.
CONTACT: Wood Badge Course Director Denice Marco at email@example.com
REGISTER BY: March 10, 2023 . Wait listed registrations are not active, but will collect contact information. Available spots will be allowed on a first-come, first-serve basis. You will be contacted.
ASSISTANCE: If you need assistance with registration contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Want to know more about the long history of WB? Check out www.woodbadgealabama.com|
|Copyright (C) 2023 Talakto District, Greater Alabama Council, BSA. All rights reserved.|
Our mailing address is:
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe